That time of year has rolled around again and what greets the Christmas season better than lights, trees or snow? It has got to be food! 😛 I’ve never had the confidence to cook for my family around such a traditional time of year before, but for the next few weeks I’m going to try my best to come up with as many Christmassy dishes it takes to get my confidence there! 😀
I’m starting off simple with adding a little festive vibe to one of my favourite classics – French toast! Quick, easy, efficient and it smells so damn like Christmas with all those spices! If you want to join me in my accumulation of Christmas meal ideas over the next few weeks, let me know how you’re getting on, what your intentions are or even what your favourite Christmas dishes are. 🙂 If you try out the below, don’t forget to let me know how you get on!
For the French toast:
- Mixed spice (contains cinnamon, coriander, cloves, fennel seed, ginger and bay leaves all ground), x1 tblspn
- Ground nutmeg, 1/2 tblspn
- Honey, x2 tblspns
- Almond milk, 1/2 cup
- Free range egg, x2
- Coconut oil
- Strawberry organic Glenisk Yogurt
- Goji berries
- Whisk together the eggs, almond milk, honey nutmeg and mixed spice.
- Pour the contents into a bowl and soak a slice of brown bread into the mixture.
- Pre-heat the frying pan with half a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Move to medium heat and fry the bread and mixture for roughly two minutes on each side.
- Repeat the process for however many slices the mixture allows (I used up 4 slices).
- Time to decorate: I like chopping up some banana and kiwi and serving them with some strawberry Glenisk Organic yogurt and goji berries.