Hey everyone, I hope you’re all keeping the head up and the resolutions strong this dull and Artic-cold January. If things aren’t going as planned, however, don’t worry; I came across this brilliant quote today reading “even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.” I have to say, it motivated me a little more.
In terms of my new years resolutions, I don’t want to jinx them by saying they’re going well yet. I have, however, began the year on a good note and I feel I’m in a position to be able to reach the goals I’ve set so…fingers crossed!
This evening I’m prepping a few protein bars for the gym tomorrow morning, and I thought I’d share them now because they’re a step up from my last protein brownies, delicious and packed with extras which I’ll tell you the benefits of now. 🙂
- Quinoa is protein-rich, fibre-rich and contains iron.
- Dried cranberries are a source of dietary fibre.
- Sesame seeds contain calcium, magnesium, protein, zinc and fibre.
- Goji berries have been known to help boost the immune system and protect the eyes.
- Chia seeds are an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Pine nuts contain nutrients that help boost energy and promote healthy vision.
- Hazelnuts are rich in protein, complex carbohydrates, dietary fiber, iron, calcium and vitamin E.
The instructions for these guys can be found in this recipe, the only changes are:
- Leave out the cocoa powder.
- Bake for approx. 30 mins instead of 35.
- Use wholemeal flour instead of plain flour.
- Add 1 tbl spoon of sesame seeds, 2 tbl spoons dried cranberries, 1 tbl spoon Golgi berries, 1 tbl spoon quinoa, 1 tbl spoon chia seeds, 2 tbl spoon pine nuts and 1 tbl spoon hazelnuts.
- Cut up into bar shapes instead of brownie shapes after leaving to cool for ten mins.
- With the above, they should all be added to the mixture last and then mixed into it well. Don’t panic if you don’t have any of the extras in you’re cupboard – make do with what you have. 🙂
As always, thanks for reading guys, if you like what you’ve seen today you can keep up to date by checking out my Facebook or by dropping your email into the subs box below. 🙂
Until the next time,
Happy healthy eating,